who we are
Home2 by Hilton Fresno Design and Future Sky Office Design Video
We are an extension of your hospitality team.
Since 2014 we’ve enjoyed partnering with hotels around the world to develop new and existing properties. We provide our clients with vast research into all aspects of hospitality properties, and then work together to move swiftly from concept to design to opening.
We are dedicated to your success and our track record speaks for us. Take a look at our past and current projects to get an idea of what’s possible.
Sky Hotels is founded
Added hotel management services
Building better hotels
New brands added to portfolio
Innovative Construction Partnership is created
Introduced suite of consulting services
Added Hyatt to our brand portfolio
Developing 3 new hotels
Signed our first Marriott license in the Yosemite National Park park area.
Signed 2nd Marriott license in Atascadero/Paso Robles, CA
the sky team
As President, Nick has managed various clients, assets, and projects over time in his career while assisting in global growth and development for the overall firm. Nick is a Graduate from San Jose State University with a Bachelors of Science in Corporate Management and Finance. He also holds certifications in sales and marketing and in revenue management. With over 16 years of experience in the hospitality industry, Nick has made development and operations his areas of expertise. Along with his experience in multi brands and commercial asset management, Nick has also experienced success in numerous residential projects.
Working with his team of departmental heads, Nick forecasts market and examines trends that have a proven history of success. He has a background in finance and management and uses his leadership abilities to motivate and inspire his team to achieve organization goals. Nick provides global direction for the organization by developing short-term and long-term financial and operational goals. He works with other executive colleagues and departmental managers to implement plans and policies throughout the organization. Nick also analyzes the company’s financial statements and other indicators of performance in order to assess standing and financial position. He determines ways to reduce costs, increase revenues, and improve overall company performance. Nick’s other responsibilities include:
- Engaging in high-level negotiations to generate lucrative contracts or build beneficial relationships with companies and individuals
- Experience in turnkey solutions, construction and for new hotels
- Representing the organization at conferences, meetings, and trade shows or at regional or national offices.
- Working with audit committee to prepare budgets
- Identifying new development opportunities.
- Extensive experience with opening new and repositioning hotels
- Setting organizational goals and evaluating the results to ensure that departmental and organizational objective requirements are fulfilled with our clients in mind keeping expenses at a minimum and profit expectations met.
Jennifer assists in preparing the financial and market feasibility analysis of projects. She is responsible for managing lender/developer relations and obtaining project financing. Jennifer monitors and evaluates project performance against the baseline financial models prepared as part of the feasibility analysis once the development program is established. Jennifer also prepares and monitors budgets, including preparation of monthly loan draw packages and lender and/or investor reports.
Jennifer develops finance organizational strategies by contributing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking and direction; She also helps to establish functional objectives that are aligned with organizational objectives. Jennifer establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends and creating proformas, establishing critical measurements, determining production and productivity, and assessing customer-service strategies. Jennifer designs systems and strategies for accumulating resources, resolving problems, and implementing change. Jennifer also develops organization prospects by studying economic trends and revenue opportunities, projecting acquisition and expansion prospects, analyzing organization operations and cost reduction strategies, and accumulating capital to fund expansion. Jennifer’s other responsibilities include:
- Developing financial strategies and action plans by forecasting capital, facilities, and staff requirements
- Identifying monetary resources
- Monitoring financial performance by measuring and analyzing results
- Maximizing return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities and maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Reporting financial status by developing forecasts, analyzing variances, and developing improvements.
A proud alumnus of Baylor University with a Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Business Administration, Monica also possesses 15 years in the hospitality industry and experience with hospitality brands like Wyndham, Best Western, and IHG. Monica has honed her skills at monitoring daily operations to ensure smooth progress.
As a Director of Operations, Monica supervises staff from different departments and provides constructive feedback. She regularly evaluates the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and designs resulting in practical solutions for implementing the improvements.
She aspires to lead the team with direction and purpose thus building a positive work culture. She also liaises with her superiors to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals for the organization. Monica also manages the processes for procuring resources and coordinates materials and resource allocation. Monica’s other responsibilities include:
- Overseeing customer support processes and organizing them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Reviewing financial information and adjusting operational budgets to promote profitability
- Managing relationships and agreements with external partners and vendors
- Ensuring that company conforms to currently established regulations
As Director of Housekeeping, Maribel is responsible for providing overall leadership and management for housekeeping, laundry, and maintenance operations. With 10 years of hospitality service and certification in housekeeping management, Maribel’s responsibilities include managing the daily operations of the laundry, housekeeping, and maintenance departments. She is also responsible for hiring high-level team members for the housekeeping, and maintenance departments.
Maribel designs coaching, discipline, and counseling measures to improve and encourage workplace excellence. She is also responsible for the maintenance, inventory control and ordering of supplies while keeping cost and payroll in mind. Maribel’s other responsibilities include:
- Investigating complaints
- Maintaining departmental compliance with current OSHA regulations and implementing risk management programs.
- Encouraging teamwork orientation
- Using problem solving and analysis to design results-driven solutions
- Brand Compliance on new standards
- Using time management skills, communication proficiency, and organization skills to supervise staff in a manner that delivers a customer-focused experience
As the Operations Manager, Danielle has a background in hotel and is a Wyndham Certified General Manager. Danielle is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the front office, housekeeping, maintenance, and Food & Beverage departments. Danielle also oversees work schedules, new employees, and hires supervisors and Managers. Danielle organizes and designs training programs to enhance the job skills and performance of the hotel personnel.
Danielle monitors the accounts receivable, accounts payable, and purchase requisitions of each hotel department. She also overlooks hotel inventory, engineering, and cost per room are inline per sold room. In addition, she negotiates with vendors to ensure that high-quality products and services are available for guests. Danielle also acts as a liaison with the Sales & Marketing team to develop and implement strategies for business expansion.
Having 8 years of hospitality experience, Danielle is certified to offer extra support in the following areas:
- Revenue management
- General management (Certified)
- Property management
- Systems & training (Certified)
- Human Resources
As the Director of Construction and a Licensed General Contractor, Rudy provides estimates for big or small construction projects and supervises the progress of all phases and ensures adherence to schedule and deadlines. He visits job sites as necessary to ensure the timely progression and quality of work. Rudy works closely with architects and engineers to review plans and blueprints, make timetables for the project, determine material and labor costs, and hire subcontractors and workers. Rudy designs the schedules for the workers and obtains the necessary permits for the project. Rudy reviews the scope of work, contracts, construction plans, schedules and assigns work.
With over 15 years of experience in the concrete and electrical aspects of new construction and renovation projects, Rudy develops and reports on project and department budgets, developing a detailed budget for each phase of a project. Rudy secures all necessary insurance documentation and coordinates and oversees the activities of subcontractors, suppliers, vendors, and customers. Rudy also creates and maintains relationships with new and existing accounts, and is responsible for negotiating contracts with subcontractors and vendors. Rudy’s other responsibilities include:
- Evaluating engineer plans with the architect and provide valuable feedback to Value engineer projects to focus on our client’s bottom line
- Evaluating engineer plans with the architect and provide valuable feedback to Value engineer Projects to focus on our client’s bottom line.
- Overseeing all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations
- Maintaining advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods, building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
- Understanding of all facets of the construction process
Melissa is responsible for planning, maintaining, and coordinating our HR department and its activities. She comes from the California Court Systems and her current responsibilities include recruiting, screening and placing team members within our company. She also manages employee relations, as well as payroll, benefits, and employee training. Melissa also processes payroll and ensures that vacation and sick time are properly tracked within our company’s system. Between answering employee questions, serving as a point of contact for employees and vendors, and compiling reports for human resources, Melissa is a great support in coordinating the administrative functions of our organization. Melissa also participates in recruitment efforts, job postings, and job application processing. She schedules job interviews, collects the necessary employment and tax information for new hires and ensure that background and reference checks are completed. She currently manages over $1 million dollars in payroll a year.
Melissa’s additional responsibilities include:
- Recruitment and New Hire Process
- Maintaining HR files accurately within our company’s databases
- Updating employee benefits, employment status, and similar records
- Auditing payroll and benefits and ensuring corrective actions are followed
- Completing termination activities, including termination paperwork and exit interviews
- Posting job ads and organizing the collection of resumes, job applications, and required employee documentation from candidates and new hires
Gabby controls and manages all housekeeping, laundry and maintenance operational expenses including labor, overtime, supplies, etc. and is responsible for implementing cost saving strategies in those areas. This has led her to cultivate and nurture several key relationships with nationally recognized vendors and suppliers to ensure optimum pricing. She directs and coordinates all cleaning and maintenance activities of both the hotel facilities (including routine deep cleaning of guestrooms, public areas, back of the house), laundry operations, and schedules all preventive and routine maintenance across all hotel sites, contributing to overall mitigation of expenses and simultaneously lowering CPOR at each site.
Having been in the hospitality industry for six years, Gabby is additionally responsible for:
- Supervising all maintenance, breakfast, laundry and housekeeping personnel ensuring seamless integration of all teams for the end goal of great hotels that guests love.
- Using multiple platforms and operating systems, generate the needed daily reports across all hotel sites.
- Ordering, checking and maintaining housekeeping, laundry and maintenance facilities, while advising on site management of any unique situations, or unusual developments in those operations.
- Ensuring brand standards in Housekeeping, Laundry, and Maintenance are kept at all properties throughout our portfolio (Hilton, Marriott, IHG, and Wyndham)
- Conducting inventory of all housekeeping, laundry and maintenance supplies, and submitting appropriate orders to keep housekeeping supplies at appropriate par levels.
- Submitting requests for capital item expenses, and ensuring the proper cataloging, maintenance and upkeep of all capital items.
- Scheduling, coordinating, and inspecting all outside contracted work
- Ensuring proper staffing levels across the maintenance, housekeeping and laundry teams.
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with timely information vital to the decision-making process of management and owners
- Training, monitoring and coordinating the implementation and maintenance of financial and cash controls
- Ensuring information flow throughout all organizational departments to ensure compliance, accurate records and minimize liabilities, losses and expenses.
- Analyzing and ensuring corporate management contracts, leases, etc.